Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
How would I create the female threaded hole from a screw I already made?
brian_dady
Member Posts: 5 ✭
I have already made a screw and I am wondering if there is a way to stick it in a solid part and do a Boolean subtract kind of a thing. Essentially, if one starts with a screw, how do you make the female threaded hole for it?
Thanks!
Brian
Thanks!
Brian
0
Best Answer
-
Hi @brian_dady you can do exactly that (and use Boolean subtract tool
) - also in there is an offset option that you should use otherwise the screw would be too tight. In reality a female thread has its own profile that should be modelled separately. Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEA5
Answers
-
Hi @brian_dady you can do exactly that (and use Boolean subtract tool
) - also in there is an offset option that you should use otherwise the screw would be too tight. In reality a female thread has its own profile that should be modelled separately. Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEA5 -
I am going to make the screw over in the same parts studio as the part to be holed. The hole is off axis and it just makes more sense to make the screw over to mitigate headaches

Thanks!
Brian0

