Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Weldment mates

wlbryce@pineridgeproducts.comwlbryce@pineridgeproducts.com Member Posts: 1
edited April 2015 in Community Support
How do you do a weldment mate? to mate a flat face to a cylinder?
This is to connect cylinder or round  object to a flatplate on a welded part.

In the attachment would need to mate the light blue plate to the darl blue rod and then mate the yellow bearing sleeves to the flat plate.

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Answer ✓
    To mate a cylinder to the flat face you would have to add an offset mate connector to the cylinder part. see pic.

However I would be adding the cylinders in place in the part studio. I think this would be the best way in Onshape. Keep rigid bodies together in the 1 part studio.image
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Answer ✓
    To mate a cylinder to the flat face you would have to add an offset mate connector to the cylinder part. see pic.

However I would be adding the cylinders in place in the part studio. I think this would be the best way in Onshape. Keep rigid bodies together in the 1 part studio.image
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977