Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to print a paper template from a sketch or face?

dmitry_olyenyovdmitry_olyenyov Member Posts: 2
I've created a part with some big holes, now I want to print a paper template so I could cut it using power jigsaw, and a drill.. If I try to export sketch, it goes without dimensions and more importantly without centermarks. Is there any way to create real size dxf from sketch and with at least centermarks?

Best Answer

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    hi, create drawing of your part in 1:1 scale, place centermarks in drawing invironment using corresponding button, and export the drawing as .dxf

Answers

• konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    hi, create drawing of your part in 1:1 scale, place centermarks in drawing invironment using corresponding button, and export the drawing as .dxf
  • philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Hmm - i believe that there is much easier way! :)

Simply RMB over the face and select Export as DWG/FXF
    You will get a borderless drawing at 1:1

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • dmitry_olyenyovdmitry_olyenyov Member Posts: 2
    Thank you! The trickiest part was to find where to specify 1:1 scale!