Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Surface Text problem

scott_caskeyscott_caskey Member Posts: 53 PRO
Whenever I try to use the "CUT OUT" extrude type in surface text, it turns red and disappears when I accept it.   I've tried changing many settings but no luck.  ??  I also cannot get text larger than 0.95" or it disappears. 

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    Can you share a doc?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    rocio_núñezrocio_núñez Member Posts: 2
    Whenever I try to use the "CUT OUT" extrude type in surface text, it turns red and disappears when I accept it.   I've tried changing many settings but no luck.  ??  I also cannot get text larger than 0.95" or it disappears. 

I have the same problem. Why?? 
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,717 PRO
    edited February 2022
    @rocio It looks like the feature does not know what the merge scope is. Try selecting the face of the cube instead of the face of Sketch 5 for your Base Surface.

@scott_caskey Try the step I mentioned to rocio, make sure your Base Surface belongs to the part itself and not a sketch. Also, try changing the Text Align to Center like rocio has done. This  may help the text to go over 0.95". To help further, we will need a link to your document like Neil suggests.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎