Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Scanning Service?

philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
edited May 2017 in Community Support
I am looking to have a helmet scanned.

We have tried various 'low end' solutions here in the office (photogrammetry, iSense etc, MakerbotScanner) and been thoroughly unimpressed.
We have the ability to clean up the mesh so just the raw data is fine.
I am pretty much asking for a freebie or 'low cost' (happy to negotiate :))
I would mail the helmet to you or drive if you are in the Boston area. 

Thoughts? Offers?

Many thanks - Philip

Philip Thomas - Onshape

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    @henry_feldman is in the Boston area and has access to all manner of cool toys so he might be one local source.

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @michael3424 - thank you for that lead :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    @tyler_pope - thank you. 
    I ended up borrowing a commercial scanner and a colleague with experience in 3D scanning did the work. 
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,015 PRO
    blue light / white light are suppose to be the next thing. Not sure where they can be found but there's some guy that has affordable protos. I'll see if I can get a name. I need one also.