Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Editing Blocks Imported from Solidworks

steven_kistlersteven_kistler Member Posts: 1 EDU
I have a drawing template that I use for work that I saved as DXF and DWG, then imported into OnShape. I primarily use Solidworks at work, but looking into what I can and cannot do in OnShape. Drawings are a big thing that I need to complete for my job. I need to be able to edit the blocks that were set in place by my company so we can create professional drawings in OnShape. Trying to edit them, I cannot find where to edit the text. When I hover my mouse cursor over the text, the objects from the block are all selected. How can I edit each individual textbox so I can produce proper drawings? 

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited June 2017
    Blocks are not supported it OnShape, In fact part of the import process they mention exploding all blocks :(
    Sorry

A work around is to add a text box over the area of the block and link it to a property