Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How should I proceed when I import a step file that imports but translation fails?

Dave_HaglerDave_Hagler Member Posts: 4 PRO
    the following is failures from two tries on two different days with different import selections into different locations.Translation failedDexter_8974_ECR 17-547.stp failed to translate.Created at 9:54 AM Todaymark as readdeleteTranslation failedDexter_8974_ECR 17-547.stp failed to translate.Created at 9:39 AM Todaymark as readdeleteTranslation failedDexter_8974_ECR 17-547.stp failed to translate.Created at 1:52 PM Jun 23mark as readdeleteTranslation failedDexter_8974_ECR 17-547.stp failed to translate.Created at 1:49 PM Jun 23mark as readdeleteI get the tab for the step, and have been able to download the file from that tab.  It appears the only failure is translation.How do I proceed when translation fails?Thanks.

Answers

• john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    Hi @Dave_Hagler. Please open a support ticket and we can look into why your translation failed. Sorry you are running into problems.

-John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.