Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

how to move the sketch plain

gabe_goodegabe_goode Member Posts: 2
is there a way to move the sketch plain, so it exceeds pass the surface you have selected. 
thank you.

Answers

• Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    Hi Gabe,

If I understand your question correctly, it looks like you want to create a  sketch plane which is offset from a surface. If this is the case you'll need to first create an offset plane and then create a sketch with the offset plane as the sketch plane. Here is a link to the help documentation on creating an offset plane : https://cad.onshape.com/help/#cplane.htm?Highlight=reference plane

Paul
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    I may be wrong but I read that as meaning to resize the blue box that indicares the sketch.  The sketch extends to infinity but it looks like OS uses some logic as to how big the box is.  Planes have drag handles in the corners but I don't believe sketches do.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd