Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is it possible to create a "sub-label" within a "label"?

chrisjh777chrisjh777 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2017 in Community Support
My category,  labelled "Tools", is getting bigger than Ben Hur.

I want to create sub categories under the "tool" category in order to rationalize things. 

Is it possible?

Answers

• emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not at the moment, and I do not think they are added.

Of couse we need more high level options to organize, search and sort documents but I think that the labels option will be remain as it is.

But... You can create a kind of "sub-labels" if you create labels like:
    • Tools
    • Tools-Mechanical
    • Tools-Mechanical-Bearings
    • Tools-Electrical
    So you could tag a document with bearings with the 3 labels:
    • Tools
    • Tools-Mechanical
    • Tools-Mechanical-Bearings
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    Document search should include labels into search terms that would make @emagdalenaC2C suggestion efficient. I'm sure we will see improvements in this category at some point.

Meanwhile you could also include some keywords into doc names and use label & search under label.

//rami
  • emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    +1 for include labels in the search

The @3dcad suggestion right know is cleaner and powerfull. But it will be better if you add all that "labels" as part of the description instead of the name. You can add a description to your documents or ParStudio, Assemblies and other tabs, and even parts.

So you can search for a keyword
    Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común