Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hide connector widgets?

HobsieHobsie Member Posts: 6
edited September 2017 in Community Support
I made the mistake of hiding everything in an assembly and then hitting show all and now I have widgets for all my mate connectors that won't go away even if I go to hide the mate connectors themselves.

Widgets like this did not show until I hit show all. Is there an option i'm missing to hide these in the assembly?

First image shows the type of widgets I'm talking about, and the second is zoomed out to let you see how cluttered it makes things look.

Best Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    Answer ✓

Is that shortcut available as a menu option? I seem to only be able to locate "Hide Mates".

Also, is there a way to do the same in the iOS app?
    If you right click the symbols on screen you can hide them from the menu there. On iOS you must select the symbol, then two finger tap to bring up the menu - you can only hide "other" mates/connectors.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• HobsieHobsie Member Posts: 6
    Massive thanks Neil!

Is that shortcut available as a menu option? I seem to only be able to locate "Hide Mates".

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    Answer ✓

If you right click the symbols on screen you can hide them from the menu there. On iOS you must select the symbol, then two finger tap to bring up the menu - you can only hide "other" mates/connectors.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI