Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

pdf Follow me

_Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
During a shared session with a colleague i switched to a pdf tab containing a drawing to explain a few issues when I quickly learned that the follow me mode only works in assembly and part studio tabs. Does anyone else have a need for sharing a pdf tab in the follow me mode and is this something that may be possible at some time in Onshape.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    This thing has two sides, if I would have customer on board and I would go to 'price calculation' tab - I would be happy that following stops.
    On the other hand, I would like to have a collague following into sketch mode as well as all the tabs - but there are many tools like teamviewer available to achieve this.
    //rami
  • Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Hi @da_vicki@3dcad how does the Follow Me mode works on Parts/assembly, I have shared a file with a coworker (Edit), he can immediately see my changes, but when I hear Follow me Mode I think that if I rotate/Move/zoom the part I'm working in, my co worker part will also move/rotate/zoom, etc. Not sure if I misunderstood the Follow Me Mode. Thanks.
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions
  • Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    When you and your co-worker are actively sharing a document you will see an icon in the top bar of the screen (rightside) with the initial of your coworker, your Coworker will see an icon with your initial. You need to double click this icon to view your coworkers screen or he can double click it to see your screen. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    navnav Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @da_vicki thank you very much, didn`t know how to activate it, just tried it and works really well.  :)
    Nicolas Ariza V.
    Indaer -- Aircraft Lifecycle Solutions