Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Update Templates on the Fly

brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
I am trying to update to a newer version template. I see there is a closed IR   but I can not see how to do this?

Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   

Best Answers

Answers

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Jake, thought this was the case, looking forward to the Hot Swap in the future
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Hi Bruce,

I've added you to the improvement request for this for tracking.

In general, we opt to be a bit aggressive when it comes to marking improvement requests closed.  The thinking is that it is better to inform when new functionality comes out that improves the related workflow, even if it doesn't fit 100%, as it could be adequate for the current situation.  If more is needed, users can always submit feedback again and that will help us prioritize doing follow on work.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • MatthewMatthew OS Professional, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 26 PRO
    @jakeramsley can you please also add me to the improvement request list for this feature?  We have some older parts that were modeled before the newer drawing template changes (been a while) but would like to transition those over without having to redraw the drawing if possible.
  • chrisjh777chrisjh777 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭
    Me too!!