Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I'm new to this on shape program, and am not retarded. And I cannot get through tutorial 2 help!!!

OK so I have started learning, and am on my build you're first part tutorial, and I cannot get past the past the part where you start you're very first line!!. OK so I figured out how to draw the circles to 40 mm and 35 mm and I got them 90 mm apart. OK so try to get the line and my on shape behaves totally different than the tutorial shows it does not good on the outside circle line when I'm trying to get the dot on it. And even if I get lines on the page somehow close as possible( it only glows on the origin and the horizontal and parallel lines) to the tutorial as I can, I click on the circle and line and try the tangent thingy and it doesn't work. I have spent like an hour and a half just working on this tiny line. Why doesn't it work? Please someone help me out please.

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi and welcome to the forum. If you post a link to your document I'm sure someone will be able to help.  OwS
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,427
    Are you still editing the same sketch? If the circles are grey then you exited the sketch and started a new one. To edit an existing sketch, double click it in the feature list. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI