Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to find the configuration panel?

iain_downsiain_downs Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
This article says there is a Configuration option which sounds just what I want  It tells me to look below the view cube for a cube with a grid.

I can't see it.

Failing that is there any way I can export a part so that I can see the feature script movements?  I'm looking to build a drill case and therefore want 10 or so pieces for 1mm -> 10mm.  I can see in principle how to do this, but working out the exact sequence of feature script commands for this would be tedious.

Many thanks 

Iain 
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I've just discovered 'view code' (right click on tab) so the second part of my question has been answered...

Iain
  • Options
    Though frankly, the code is typical of machine generated code and not hugely readable :(

Iain
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    Apologies, our help documentation got a little ahead of our released functionality.  Configurations will be released soon.
    It *is* going to be a happy new year!
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    @john_mcclary, not only did our help page leak, but I see you also got your hands on our what's new video :)
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    hi, @ilya_baran
    do you have any plans to make avaliable those grid interface in custom features? i have an application that requares some input field of table type. thanks
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    @konstantin_shiriazdanov, please will you write a time travel feature-script so we can use it before OS release it...
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options

please will you write a time travel feature-script so we can use it before OS release it...
    I have already tired everyone here with FS requests, right? :D
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    Hi @konstantin_shiriazdanov, happy new year!

We currently don't have a plan to make the tables (like in sheet metal and what's coming up for configs) available as a feature parameter -- array parameters (https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/6826/improvements-to-onshape-july-6th-2017/p1) are the closest thing.  However, our plans are flexible -- we'd just need a few compelling use cases.  What would you use them for?

P.S. I very much doubt anyone using your custom features is tired of you trying to build more - gratitude is the more likely sentiment :)
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    Happy new year @ilya_baran
    in particular I'm speaking about Parameter pattern FS, if table type input was avaliable we could pass more data in less area without unnecessary symbols like array brackets

• Options
    I'm sure the users are full of gratitude, I'd read Konstantin's comment as OS staff being fed up with being asked for more.   :) But in a smaller way I'm always delighted when folks like my stuff and ask for more features.

HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    BTW isn't it a national holiday In Americaland? Ilya we wouldn't think less of you if you took a whole day off  :p
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    Hey @iain_downs it's time to check out today's update...  B)
    HWM-Water Ltd