Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
How to find the configuration panel?
iain_downs
Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
This article says there is a Configuration option which sounds just what I want It tells me to look below the view cube for a cube with a grid.
I can't see it.
Failing that is there any way I can export a part so that I can see the feature script movements? I'm looking to build a drill case and therefore want 10 or so pieces for 1mm -> 10mm. I can see in principle how to do this, but working out the exact sequence of feature script commands for this would be tedious.
Many thanks
Iain
I can't see it.
Failing that is there any way I can export a part so that I can see the feature script movements? I'm looking to build a drill case and therefore want 10 or so pieces for 1mm -> 10mm. I can see in principle how to do this, but working out the exact sequence of feature script commands for this would be tedious.
Many thanks
Iain
Tagged:
0
Best Answer
-
Apologies, our help documentation got a little ahead of our released functionality. Configurations will be released soon.Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc5
Answers
-
I've just discovered 'view code' (right click on tab) so the second part of my question has been answered...
Iain0 -
Though frankly, the code is typical of machine generated code and not hugely readable

Iain0 -
Apologies, our help documentation got a little ahead of our released functionality. Configurations will be released soon.Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc5
-
It *is* going to be a happy new year!ilya_baran said:Apologies, our help documentation got a little ahead of our released functionality. Configurations will be released soon.1 -
Configurations!!!
7 -
@john_mcclary, not only did our help page leak, but I see you also got your hands on our what's new video
Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc4 -
hi, @ilya_baran
do you have any plans to make avaliable those grid interface in custom features? i have an application that requares some input field of table type. thanks
0 -
@konstantin_shiriazdanov, please will you write a time travel feature-script so we can use it before OS release it...Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd0 -
I have already tired everyone here with FS requests, right?owen_sparks said:please will you write a time travel feature-script so we can use it before OS release it...
0 -
Hi @konstantin_shiriazdanov, happy new year!
We currently don't have a plan to make the tables (like in sheet metal and what's coming up for configs) available as a feature parameter -- array parameters (https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/6826/improvements-to-onshape-july-6th-2017/p1) are the closest thing. However, our plans are flexible -- we'd just need a few compelling use cases. What would you use them for?
P.S. I very much doubt anyone using your custom features is tired of you trying to build more - gratitude is the more likely sentiment
Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc1 -
Happy new year @ilya_baran
in particular I'm speaking about Parameter pattern FS, if table type input was avaliable we could pass more data in less area without unnecessary symbols like array brackets
1 -
I'm sure the users are full of gratitude, I'd read Konstantin's comment as OS staff being fed up with being asked for more.
But in a smaller way I'm always delighted when folks like my stuff and ask for more features.
Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd1 -
BTW isn't it a national holiday In Americaland? Ilya we wouldn't think less of you if you took a whole day off
Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd0 -
Hey @iain_downs it's time to check out today's update...
Business Systems and Configuration Controller
HWM-Water Ltd1




