Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why Am I Getting a NEW PART in Step ((Slide) 14 of 24

patrick_anthonypatrick_anthony Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
I have progressed to Slide 14 of 24, in Tutorial Exercise: Creating Multiple Parts in a Part Studio

To create Extrude 6: I confirmed the ADD selection before Accepting; used the Face of Large Arm Grip Sketch, selected Up to Face of Extrude 1 (Large arm extruded face) and Merge Scope of Large Arm Grip.

I did have to temporarily hide the Large Arm to select the circle on the Face of the Large Arm Grip Sketch.

Instead of an expected pin extension to the gripper body, I get a new Part 8. 
Upon inspection: Part 8 is an independent component in the hole of the Large Arm Grip, seemingly unattached to the GRIP component. :(

Where did I go wrong ?

I tried slide 15 & 16 for the Small Arm Grip and got the same 'extra part' result.

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I found a mistake quite a few Slides back that helped fix the problem. THX

Answers

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Please post a link to your file and we'll have a look, that's way easier than trying to describe what may be up with it.

Cheers,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    @patrick_anthony during creation of the feature, try showing the part you hid before selecting merge scope. See if that works for you.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    I found a mistake quite a few Slides back that helped fix the problem. THX