Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Error fetching toolbar information Error code -1

My laptop is a Windows 10 with the latest update. When i open up an Onshape file, i can see the object, but the toolbar on top is completely gone. It displays the message: "Error fetching toolbar information Error code: -1"  My secondary laptop is also Windows 10, but the toolbar appears just fine on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer

Answers

• philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Just as a first level troubleshooting check, can you confirm that you are using one of the supported browsers (chrome, firefox or safari)? 
    Yes, EDGE, i am looking at you! 
    :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • nathan_embreenathan_embree Member Posts: 2
    I am using Chrome. I knew that Edge doesn't work for some reason.
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    @nathan_embree

Please first check this page: https://cad.onshape.com/check
    If everything is green there, please get in contact with our support staff by pressing the "Report a bug" or "Feedback" button from the '?' menu in your document.
    I still this OS should be able to detect if it's failed to load and redirect to this automatically o:)

O.S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd