Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can I use embed 3D models on my website ?

I just wonder if I can put my future 3D models on my website, using the Student account ? This it would be like a personal portofolio for future employers, or friends. I don't take any money, because I don't sell the models.
So, what do you thing ? I am allowed to do this ?  :)

Answers

• Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,015 PRO
    Not sure about the licensing agreement. Seems like you should be able to show your work without violating the terms.

On the technical side, you can show your models but it'll take a few steps:
    -if you want them to spin, then you'll have to have a webgl viewer
    -then export an stl file, convert to a display list, and add to your viewer

If you hook up to OS using the api, you can select which documents you want to show.

I'm not sure how much effort you want to put into this online portfolio, but it's totally doable.

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @florescu_cristian

You could also share your document via link and embed that in your website.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    reeshabh_ranjanreeshabh_ranjan Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Export the parts as stl file, then use an online STL viewer which can provide you embed code. Use that code to embed your 3D model.
  • Options
    howard_di_lameohoward_di_lameo Member Posts: 9
    i thought that your workflow is yours and you don't  need any permission to use at will, am i wrong?