Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Triad Manipulator not working on large imported assembly

I have a large assembly with no mates and no fixed parts that will not respond to commands given to the manipulator. I select the assembly in the tree, it lights up and the triad is seen. When I pull on the triad nothing happens. The spin box snaps back to zero. Eventually the browser window becomes unresponsive. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f676f4a1eb38ea92a33b9f5d/w/66700ac9c8db7745d1730658/e/a16b27c5197b5e033a43e5e5

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    It works for me so it's most likely not your model..

What browser are you using, what version
    Are you on windows, Mac, Linux
    Video Card
    Are the drivers up to date
    are you on a slow WiFi

• Options
    john_jackson977john_jackson977 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am at the latest version of chrome on windows 10, with a updated driver for the video card. My connection is an Ethernet cable directly to the router connected to a 9mb/sec device. Everything I try to move snaps back to 0 with the exception of the big blue square part model labeled part 1. The interface works fine on that simple model.
  • Options
    john_jackson977john_jackson977 Member Posts: 4
    This turned out to be a performance issue that was solved by using a group mate. Genius!