Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Spline constraints

Edward_GoodwinEdward_Goodwin Member Posts: 25 PRO
I'm looking to constrain splines within a drawing. I can't work out how to constrain the direction/length of the spline handle... Any tips?

Also, it appears that there are no spline handles for points except for the start and end points. Is that really true? How do I manipulate the length/angle of a curve within the spline? Surely this can't be the case otherwise it seems to me that splines are severely limited in comparison to other cad packages.

Al thoughts and (I hope) solutions gratefully received!
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Edward_GoodwinEdward_Goodwin Member Posts: 25 PRO
    Thanks Neil. This is a useful little animation you've added. It's frustrating that it's not possible to do this in one spline as I need to create something which is effectively a wavy pattern over a non-symmetrical surface (hence I can't actually pattern a spline/curve). It means I'll need to create hundreds of individual splines and connect them together whereas in SW I could have done it with 12 and then simply constrained the handles... Hey ho. I'll make the feature request.