Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Chamfer (Two Distances)

john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
So in solidworks when you need to have a chamfer that is not 45° you have the option to flip the direction at each edge.

I don't see a way to flip each edge independent, it only flips all of them.
It sucks because all but one edge is wrong :disappointed:

I'd hate to have to have an individual feature for each edge, and surely don't want to have two features, one for normal and the other for opposite direction, then have random selections in the list to suit whichever ones need to be changed.

Is the a trick to flip one edge that I don't see? Or is this in need of an improvement request?

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I put in an IR here anyways:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9271/chamfer-feature-choose-direction-for-each-input/p1?new=1

Yea, internal references get wonky sometimes.

Even thought those two parts are the same sketch, and same extrude feature :)

I was more or less wondering if someone had a custom chamfer feature that was better

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Answer ✓
    Hi guys,

This already has a fair number of support tickets on it through the 'Feedback' tool.  Thanks for adding the IR as well.  It would be doable to make a custom feature with flippers on each of the edges, but it may look sort of wonky :)

If I have some free time I'll give it a shot.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    I put in an IR here anyways:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/9271/chamfer-feature-choose-direction-for-each-input/p1?new=1

Yea, internal references get wonky sometimes.

Even thought those two parts are the same sketch, and same extrude feature :)

I was more or less wondering if someone had a custom chamfer feature that was better

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Answer ✓
    Hi guys,

This already has a fair number of support tickets on it through the 'Feedback' tool.  Thanks for adding the IR as well.  It would be doable to make a custom feature with flippers on each of the edges, but it may look sort of wonky :)

If I have some free time I'll give it a shot.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
  • Options
    ryan_mcgoldrick47ryan_mcgoldrick47 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    Any update on this? have team members asking.