Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Dynamic linear pattern in a sketch

I'm trying to duplicate parts which have a known max length to an unknown length linear pattern. I need to make a border around a sketch, I know that the pieces which make up the border have a max length, and I want to fill to an unknown length with the fewest possible pieces (of equal length). Ideally this can be done with a sketch line as the parts are not identical (each end has angles to fit with the other sides of the hexagonal boarder).

Ex. The boarder piece has a max length of 12" and the overall length is 20" I would like to sketch two lines that are both 10" in length. If I change the overall length to 27" I would like my sketch to automatically change to 3 lines of 9" in length.

Best Answer

Answers