Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to edit bill of materials?

Allen_ProsserAllen_Prosser Member Posts: 1 PRO
My bill of materials is displaying a duplicate of the same cable because it is modeled as different lengths. Is there a way to edit my bill of materials to show the correct info without modifying my 3D model?

Best Answer

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Technically they are in-fact different parts, and should appear as two line items.

You can do this for a work around:

exclude 1 of the two instances from the bill of material by right clicking it's instance in the BOM flyout.

Then add any notes to accommodate for length/qty in the description of the part.
    --

or you could add a dumb part (3) or so times (whatever qty you need), then set it's properties to be cable.
    then exclude all of the actual cables.

Yea, I know it's not the best, In solidworks we could just exclude all the other parts. Then override the qty directly in the BOM.
    But either way, overrides are bad 

Answers

• Options
    emagdalenaC2iemagdalenaC2i Member, Developers, Channel partner Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can edit the Workspace or Version properties

Un saludo,

Eduardo Magdalena                         C2i Change 2 improve                         ☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?  
                                                                         Partner de PTC - Onshape                                     Averigua a quién conocemos en común
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,897 PRO
    Answer ✓
    Technically they are in-fact different parts, and should appear as two line items.

You can do this for a work around:

exclude 1 of the two instances from the bill of material by right clicking it's instance in the BOM flyout.

Then add any notes to accommodate for length/qty in the description of the part.
    --

or you could add a dumb part (3) or so times (whatever qty you need), then set it's properties to be cable.
    then exclude all of the actual cables.

Yea, I know it's not the best, In solidworks we could just exclude all the other parts. Then override the qty directly in the BOM.
    But either way, overrides are bad