Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Create multiple size rings stacked

paul_bartlettpaul_bartlett Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
What would be the best way to create a stack of rings (each ring is 16 different parts) with each ring  having a different diameter, different height and different depth. These would be stacked then turned on the lathe to make a vase. In inventor I would make a copy of the origional then change the parameters. 
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/19ccedfa79bcaae737fc2b78/w/57ef42aa3da09539b7ab6acb/e/595ed0d6e4e6dca34a193ead     this is the ring I am starting with.
If you want to get an idea of what some of my finished pieces look like go to www.paul-bartlett.com

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I should add click on Gallery 1 at the top of my page
  • Options
    bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    @paul_bartlett I'd recommend creating a configuration for the Part Studio where you have 'diameter', 'depth', and 'height' configuration variables. Then in an assembly, as you insert each ring, you can fill in these configuration variables to adjust each stack as you go.

Wonderful gallery by the way!
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• Options
    I will have to make a revolve cut after everything is stacked to get my inside and outside profiles. Will I be able to do this in an assembly?