Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is it possible to use 2 different offsets while using the Boolean subtract feature with 2 parts?

steve_ricesteve_rice Member Posts: 2
I have a bracket that supports a plate.  The bracket has a stepped tab feature that fits in a rectangular slot in the plate.  I would like to add a few thousands to the sides of the plate's hole for assembly clearance and that is very easy to do with the offset command.  The tab is stepped on each end to allow a small weld to be added to tack the parts together.  This step in the tab is my problem.  I would like the tab to completely pierce the plate and leave the space for the weld.  If I increase the offset to make sure the tab completely pierces the plate, my clearance on the sides is way too big.  I would like to be able to use one offset on the top of the tab to ensure complete removal of material in the slot and a second smaller offset on the sides to give me my desired assembly clearance.  

Best Answer

Answers