Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

What does "Mate Not Consistent" mean?

tripp_warrentripp_warren Member Posts: 2 PRO
edited July 2018 in Community Support
New to OnShape, SolidWorks vet. While creating an assembly that has multiple degrees of freedom, I'm utilizing mostly revolute mates. I can get through about 80% of assembly creation and then the assembly blows up with broken revolute mates with the indication "Mates Not Consistent". 

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Try changing one of those revolutes to a cylindrical mate. Sometimes tolerances can cause multiple revolute mates to fight each other. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    tripp_warrentripp_warren Member Posts: 2 PRO
    Ok, I'll try that and forward results. Side question, does it matter if most of the mates are similar in form which object is selected first/second?

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Not at all
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    john_mardirosian229john_mardirosian229 Member Posts: 15
    I had the same issue with a wheel imported from a sports wheelchair into a standard wheel chair I created that was then imported into another model. The standard wheel chair looked perfect, without any Mate Inconsistent issues. However, when it was imported again the Mat Inconsistent issue showed up. I used the suggestion about and picked two cylindrical mates and the highest-level assembly rendered correctly without issue. Of course the wheels now slide off when you move the wheel chair, so I had to Group everything (which means the wheels don't turn).

I think this issue is some kind of a defect that could be addressed.
    The model I had problems with was V6 of standard wheel chair Wheelchair | Wheelchair (onshape.com) (soory, this is V7... I don't know enough about Onshape to go backwards to V6 and get the link) placed in Cabin | Cabin Solid Handicapped - Std Chair (onshape.com)