Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Unable to create document, Onshape not connected.

don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
I'm having some trouble this morning creating documents and opening documents. First I am unable to create a new part studio but onshape recording that new documents are being added. Second, Onshape is not connected?

Anyone else experiencing these problems this morning?

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Unable to create document; Onshape not connected
  • Options
    peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    @don_howe Creating a document is working fine here. Maybe there was a temp problem.
  • Options
    Thanks. I rebooted and I'm still not able to create documents or open documents. Everything was working fine last night.
  • Options
    Wesley_NWesley_N Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I am unable to open any document.
    http://www.keystonecollections.com/ - Handcrafted Furniture                                   http://www.newswangerpen.com/  - Fine, handcrafted writing instruments
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    @don_howe , Refresh your browser (Shortcut=press F5) and try again to create new document. Yes it is a temporary problem as suggested by @peter_hall, sometimes it is happening due to user may be away from that onshape working window and session may be time out and expired when he again use.

• Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @don_howe
    And if a refresh alone doesn't help, try holding down Shift while invoking a refresh.
  • Options
    peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    I would reccomend that everyone has a number of internet browsers on their computers. I had a lot of problems with getting onto the internet with google chrome unloaded it and now cannot download chrome again? Internet explorer doesnt work with Onshape, Opera seems to grab hold of models when I manipulate them, have to RMC to get it to let go of the model. Firefox working fine at the moment....

• Options
    OK, I just checked and I was able to create and document as well as open an existing document. However, it says I have 5 private documents but I am not able to see those documents listed. I have rebooted my system again and I have logged into my account using FF and Chrome and the results are the same.

• Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    @don_howe , Can you check in trash folder and shared with me folder. Currently it include document from thrash and shared with me folder also.