Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Obtain Manufacturer's Models !
Recently I've make my company use Traceparts hosting solution for 3D models.
Indeed they propose nice features like a direct 3D viewer and many downloading formats available.
Also they do have a lot of manufacturer’s models available. They started with mechanical parts, then with electronics and now they are starting architecture models.
They are currently the Europe N°1 is this field and have a great international extension.
Do you think about implementing a kind a module (like it is done in Solidworks) to make Traceparts libraries available directly by Onshape?
I see it like a transparent implementation:
- You click on "manufacturer’s models"
- Somewhere appear the module.In a windows or maybe in the toolbar directly.
- You search your model, apply filters, use the classification...
-Once you found your component, a nice feature might be to import it with a simple drag and drop.
I've saw Traceparts as an Onshape's partner already, so maybe this topic have been already discusses
A very good point is that you keep using only 1 interface. From user point of view, he never left