Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Struggling with text orientation

len_2len_2 Member Posts: 8
I'm trying to put extruded text on opposite sides of a simple object. Let's for, example, say the text is "FRONT" and "BACK". I can place the "FRONT" text OK, but when I place the "BACK" text on the opposite side on the object the text is backwards, and often upside down as well (but oddly not always upside down). I can't figure out how to get it so it reads in proper direction.

Here is an example. If you flip the disk around a vertical axis to see the back, you'll see the problem.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/b3bf08d5d93943d097ce00b9/w/e1d8040a9f8644f1821537d8/e/3e1d2f6c324d484cb325c840

Answers