Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Arrange tabs in right direction

mechanical_cadmechanical_cad OS Professional Posts: 24 ✭✭
Hello, When I make a new part studio or drawing it is moving automatically on the end of all tabs. When I want to move it to be on first positions I am able to move it by just dragging it. But after that I am not able to move tabs on the right, I can but only between visible tabs. It is very difficult to arrange my tabs later. Am I right or I am missing something? Thank you!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    +1 You are right and I agree that this is an issue that needs attention.
  • Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited November 2015
    Yep, there is something wrong, sometimes it seems to drag whole window and after that there is weird behavior with tabs staying on top of each other. It gets fixed by moving other tabs but this should be addressed. @lougallo
    My tests were run on chromebook&chrome.

I would like to see drag&drop also in hamburger menu which I mostly use for switching between tabs..
    //rami
  • Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    @mechanical_cad I believe that new tab for part studio and assembly is created at the right side of active tab but drawing tab is always created at the end. At this point of time moving the multiple tabs together is not possible which is making difficult to arrange them.But this issue can be addressed. Workaround for this could be to arrange each tab separately. 
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    @mechanical_cad ,Currently in Onshape user cannot select multiple tab in document due to that user facing difficulty to arrange tab. Refer below link in which improvement request raise for this.
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/1349/multiple-tab-select
    I have one workaround for part studio and assembly tab with the help of that you can create tab on required position. For drawing this method is not working.
    Step1: Open tab of document in which right side you want to create/place tab.
    Step2: Now create new part or assembly studio tab. It will create just right side of previously open tab (Step1).
    Step3: If you want to place your tab left side then drag and drop to left as shown in below video.

If user are able to drag & drop tab also in hamburger menu then it will be beneficial for user to arrange tab.

• Options
    mechanical_cadmechanical_cad OS Professional Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Yes you are right @shashank_aarya. I am working on a drawings lastly and maybe I forgot about the part studios.

@viru Thanks for the video. I use this method drawing on left, but I have around 100 tabs and when I move fast on left sometimes I skip the place and then... I can't move my drawing on right next to the part studio for example, so I have to drag everything on left again, but 100 tabs are too much.

Thanks everybody! Do I need to send feedback for this?
  • Options
    viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @mechanical_cad , Yes you can send feedback for this.