Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How Do I edit points in a sketch?

ts_2ts_2 Member Posts: 22
I'm trying to make a simple profile sketch consisting of 2 arcs, and some lines that connect them together.  I can't figure out how to make this happen correctly so I can extrude the whole dang thing. Right now I just have 4 line sketches that are all different, not lined up, different sizes and none of them are connected. Either I'm missing something, or its the program not responding,.  I'm finding it very difficult to use the sketch feature after I make a shape.  I don't know how to move points, delete them. snap them to the center.  I thought I was following the tutorials ok, but I'm just frustrated.  I just don't get a good sense and feedback from the program that when I select a Sketch shape, its editable, moveable, rotateable.  The trim feature doesn't feel like it does anything to trim segments away.  Which is what I thought it did.  

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I don't see that many problems in sketching, you sometimes need few extra clicks but otherwise it's pretty standard sketching.

Can you post some pictures or share your document?
    //rami
  • Options
    ts_2ts_2 Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2015
    Maybe its Lag, or how picky its being clicking on things.   I'm getting some things to work now.  I'm new to cad modeling. 
  • Options
    lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @Ts There is different behavior if you click-release and click-drag.  It sounds like you are click dragging and creating separate segments.  Let us know..
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    jason_houghjason_hough Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever figure this out? I can't seem to move points in a sketch once they've been placed, either, and it's really frustrating. Seems like the simplest of tasks.