Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to add revolves into an extruded cylinder

henry_feldmanhenry_feldman Member Posts: 126 EDU
So I have this cylinder (just a simple extrude with a chamfer on each end. This is a pin going onto a handle, and I want small bulges to keep the pin from falling out of the handle. I cannot figure out how to add a revolved shape (yes I realize I could recreate the entire shape as a revolve, and if that's the only way, then fine) of the little bumps (i.e. a toroid) to each end (essentially where the boxes/arrows are)?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    matthew_menardmatthew_menard Member Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    Should be very easy.  Make a sketch on a plane that is along the middle of the extrude.  Add two rectangles and dimension them per your specs.  I did have to use some construction geometry to make them coincident with the outer diameter, see my example.  Finally just revolve around the center of your part.  Below is just one way of doing this.  You could also make one rectangle and mirror the resulting faces to the other side (I think, didn't try).  Hope this helps

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4d3a3befc86f475c86e135ad/w/ea2bd8a23ebc4bdcbf2079cf/e/e6db51c1526b49d3948583c7