Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I stop Onshape file from resizing in Draftsight?

jackie_1jackie_1 Member Posts: 20 EDU
My drawing made in Onshape is very tiny when imported into a template in Draftsight. How do I maintain the correct size?

Best Answer

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    edited February 2016
    Is the Onshape DWG in inch and DraftSight in mm? Are you inserting into an existing DWG or simply opening it?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • jackie_1jackie_1 Member Posts: 20 EDU
    oops. sorry for the no click. Draftsight template is in inches I think. I am inserting it into an existing DWG template from NASA/PSU. This is the CELERE program. They require we make a drawing on their draftsight template. But... draftsight is very difficult to manipulate compared to Onshape. I can give you the online template....
    scroll down to download testcell. it says a person must open it in draftsight https://spaceflightsystems.grc.nasa.gov/education-outreach/celere/how-to-apply/

draftsight drawing is in mm

I inserted my Onshape dwg sketch under the "insert" tab, "reference drawing". Do I need to set my Onshape units to mm?

and so are the forums!
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    I'm glad you fixed it yourself!
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Thanks Neil. I'm glad I did it with minimal help too! I even got my first badge points! I don't know, this program and organization can be very addicting!!!! Its all good!