Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - February 11th, 2016

2»

Comments

• juan_avilesjuan_aviles Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    @NeilCooke Could you say something about the tesselation issue that I mentioned? Was the algorithms changed for this version?
    This has been going on for quite some time.  I have documents were everything looks fine except for one model.  I know it's just a visual issue since it does not show up when I machine my parts, but annoying nonetheless.
  • colin_dalycolin_daly OS Professional Posts: 37 ✭✭
    As always with the updates, this is a great one.  thanks to the Onshape team.
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice update!
    Thanks for adding Tangent Mate and Feature pattern. smile
  • florianflorian Member, OS Professional Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    @NeilCooke some remarks on drawings:
    • Please use real ISO dates or at least give the user a choice! YYYY-MM-DD ist the correct format (Calender Date) according to ISO. No slashes. No dots. And as the imperial units friends don't like: In descending order of magnitude  :) 
    • The drawings only show my first name – Why? I just gave the ISO DINA4 a quick try. Should have options: First Name, Last Name…
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    edited February 2016
    some remarks on drawing discussions:

after each update for some time now, we always get something for drawing templates but most of enhancements are built-in static stuff (added new template or added some field into template).

I suggest that this would be the last update where you spend time adding some value or variable into template. Take your time and give us fully customizable templates (in Onshape, no external cads involved) with possibility to use any given data value (first name, last name, year, month, date, hour, min, sec, model #variable, logo image, etc..). We can then work for you and create a bunch of optional templates by sharing our templates in public.

Otherwise it's like materials - no matter how many options, it's never enough until you let us create our own.. list will just grow too long to be effective in daily use.
    //rami
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    The goal is to have completely customisable templates. In the meantime we are adding capabilities to drawing templates as they become available. Rest assured it is a top priority. 

@florian the name is taken from your name as displayed top right. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • peter_hallpeter_hall Member Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    Currently to show my design intent on countersunk holes etc, I have to show invisible lines. Unfortunatly the option is to show all invisible lines or none. This confuses things as other design lines are shown. So for me I would like to be able to delete some of the invisible lines and also to dimension from invisible lines.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @peter_hall these are known limitations in drawings - please submit an enhancement request. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    The image resolution of large radii is a known issue in OS. I've submitted a support ticket back in September. Im building a 1:48 scale model ship with radii larger than 6 inches. It really shouldn't be an issue but it is.