Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How To Restore aMissing Tab From A Document

brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
edited March 2016 in Community Support
At some point in time I must have accidentally deleted a Tab from my document. I can go back in history and find the deleted tab but can workout how to restore it. I have tried copying and pasting into my newer version but the part is based on derived features and these links will not come across and can not be restored. 

Any Idea's?
Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   

Best Answer

Answers

• _Ðave__Ðave_ Member, Developers Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭
    @brucebartlett  There was a post by @traveler_hauptman about preforming some time machine magic to restore data.
    I can't find it but you may be able to contact him for assistance.
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @brucebartlett , You can go back in history and find the feature just below to deleted tab then restore option will appear. Now you can restore your tab without any problem. Kindly refer below video for more detail.

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited March 2016
    I have messed around with for a bit now, If there were no derived features the copy tab from old version would work just fine.

I think you should be also be able to go back in history branch around the main workspace and re-merge, this has worked for me in the past but on this one throws an error. My feeling is this is to do with the multiple derived features buried within this tab. Lots link's running every where on this 1.5GB doc.

In the end, I'll just redo the derived feature's in my copied tab, good thing is I got all my sketches back.

The old post was helpfull
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977