Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Text not working properly

Erich_KochErich_Koch Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
edited March 2016 in Community Support
See included picture for text issues. Started this test with the iPhone 6, and different part. When I changed the text to italics letters were missing. Then I redid the text test from scratch in the iPad, more letters missing at this time. Also dimensions information not consistent. Can't figure out if I'm doing something incorrectly. 

Answers

• Erich_KochErich_Koch Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Sorry, but I have no clue on how to provide a link to my model.
  • noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    @Erich_Koch to share a link to your model, click Share, make your model public, and then copy and paste the url (at the top of your browser) here in the forum. For this issue, you might want to open a ticket with Onshape Support by clicking the ? mark in the top right, then Feedback.
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Hi Erich_Koch,

Can you check the inputs to the extrude that are using the sketch text?  I'm assuming that all of the areas of the letter aren't in there.  Or even easier to test, start a new extrude and select the sketch with the desired sketch text from the tree and see if it adds all of the text there.  If that doesn't fix it, please share an issue with support.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
    I just deleted the text, and placed a new "SampleText". Everything is fine.
    Edit the text, changed it to "italics". Result: missing letters.
    see included picture. I shared the design with support.

Not sure what is happening. Just changed "Dedicated Micro Systems" to italics, no problem. Placed a second text above DMS and then changed it to italics. No issues.