Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

3D connexion not working

mechanical_cadmechanical_cad OS Professional Posts: 24 ✭✭
Hello, I was very happy in the morning when I saw the Onshape update and especially support of 3D coonexion mouse. I have Space Navigator, but it is not working correctly. Working is only zoom and buttons. Nothing else. The latest driver is installed. Operating system is Windows 7 x64. It is working very nice with his built in test software. Please help! Thanks! 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Okay, Thank you!
  • Options
    Hi again, I have no answer at this moment from 3Dconnexion, but I decided to try it on my home PC which is Windows 10 PC and it is working just fine. We have a lot of restrictions at work and I will have to find the problem.
    Thanks again!
    Ivaylo
  • Options
    max_2max_2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, @mechanical_cad did you solve this? I have exactly the same issue (on my work computer with windows 7 x64) and so do my colleagues. I have spoken to some Onshape support people but they haven't been able to help. I suspect it's some restriction our ICT has in place but I'm having trouble isolating what it might be..

It would be nice if Onshape offered a bit more support for this rather than passing the blame onto 3dconnexion (even if it is their problem)

• Options
    charleycharley OS Professional Posts: 20 ✭✭
    This issue just came up for me today, even though I've been successfully using my 3Dconnexion device with Onshape for months.

• Options
    max_2 said:
    Hi, @mechanical_cad did you solve this? I have exactly the same issue (on my work computer with windows 7 x64) and so do my colleagues. I have spoken to some Onshape support people but they haven't been able to help. I suspect it's some restriction our ICT has in place but I'm having trouble isolating what it might be..

It would be nice if Onshape offered a bit more support for this rather than passing the blame onto 3dconnexion (even if it is their problem)

charley said:
    This issue just came up for me today, even though I've been successfully using my 3Dconnexion device with Onshape for months.

I think I just had to restart the computer after installing the drivers. Shame on me, but as I remember it solves my problem. Try Uninstall, Install again and restart and if it's still not working maybe the problem is for your IT department. It is working correctly now on my work Win 7 x64 PC with a lot of restrictions.