Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

If two lines are coincident and covering each other, can I alternate between the two selections?

chris_8chris_8 OS Professional Posts: 102 PRO
edited April 2016 in Community Support
These two lines are coincident.  One is shorter than the other, and completely covered by the other.  Is it possible for me to select the shorter line?

Example:  I want to mirror this equilateral triangle, but I'm unable to choose one of its sides, because that side is covered by a reference line.  Here's a link to the sample document:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/974b8eb1cb5e1180a1179851/w/268fbfe630effd058c7d6c8c/e/ebf1b7c0f14ca25d3cc02bbe

Best Answers

Answers

• cadmandocadmando Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    You could have selected all three lines in one L to R window, the solution shashank_aarya gives is very useful to know if you onlty need to select one line, will save me a lot of trial and error thanks shashank_aarya
  • chris_8chris_8 OS Professional Posts: 102 PRO
    @cadmando Yes, a selection box would have worked, but I was hoping there was a solution like the one shashank mentioned.  This is something I must have missed in the tutorials.  It will help immensely because I just realized it also works when viewing a 3D object in translucent mode.    If I want to pick something like a face that's a few layers deep,  RMB and "select other" works there too.  Til now I've been using cross section to select faces that are inside an object.
  • cadmandocadmando Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
    I too have been struggling with certain selections in 3D Translucent Mode either turning parts of or like you using section view, shashank_aarya method is really going to be a great method for selection. Thanks for asking the question.
  • shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Yes. It is very helpful whenever internal geometry needs to be selected.