Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Can I split a part with a sketch

Can_TavukçuoğluCan_Tavukçuoğlu Member Posts: 1
edited May 2016 in Community Support
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5724f811e4b09be04126348a

This my document. Im trying to use split command for Part 1 (in Part Studio 1) with help of sketch 8. But it asks for a plane as entity to split with,I cant choose the sketch 8. Is it possible to split a part with help of a sketch? Its for a school project and I can feel deadline's breath on my neck. So please help!

Answers

• Options
    shashank_aaryashashank_aarya Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
    @Can_Tavukçuoğlu Your document is shared from link and it is view only. Can you make it to public as shown below and share the link again

• Options
    APAP Member Posts: 2
    Sketches can be extruded as surfaces and used as splitting entities. 
  • Options
    shanshanshanshan Member Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    Can_Tavukçuoğlu, sketch can be used to split a face only , if you want to split a part or surface , you can choose plane or surface to split it .
  • Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ Can_Tavukçuoğlu , As AP said you can extrude the sketch8 for surface and you can split the part using that surface.