Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How on earth do you grab and move drawing geometry

michael_fullermichael_fuller Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
edited May 2016 in Community Support
I simply want to grab and move drawing geometry (related lines and circles, etc.) within a sketch.  Simple stuff, but I cannot figure out at all how to do this.

Best Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Answer ✓
    You can also use Transform (select geometry, right click)
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • heider_satiheider_sati Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    You can do this in 2 ways:

1) Select the vertices (dots) NOT lines of your sketch, once all are selected, drag one of them, it should move the rest. Or;

2) More from an "engineering" perspective; drag to select your sketch, right-click and then select "Transform" you should see the arrows to move X, or Y, Scale or Rotate altogether. 

I hope this helps, 

Kind Regards
    Heider

Answers

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @michael_fuller, Currently this facility is not available in Onshape. You can raise improvement request for this. In near future we hope that this facility will be provided by Onshape. Till time you have to give dimension manually by dimension tool.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Answer ✓
    You can also use Transform (select geometry, right click)
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • heider_satiheider_sati Member Posts: 4
    Answer ✓
    You can do this in 2 ways:

1) Select the vertices (dots) NOT lines of your sketch, once all are selected, drag one of them, it should move the rest. Or;

2) More from an "engineering" perspective; drag to select your sketch, right-click and then select "Transform" you should see the arrows to move X, or Y, Scale or Rotate altogether. 

I hope this helps, 

Kind Regards
    Heider