Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Improvements to Onshape - August 2nd, 2016
cody_armstrong Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 189
edited August 2016 in New in Onshape
We have a huge update for you this time! There is a lot to cover so let's get started.
- NEW Assembly linear pattern - You can now create linear patterns of parts and assemblies at the assembly level.
- NEW Assembly circular pattern - You can now create circular patterns of parts and assemblies at the assembly level.
- NEW Parallel mate - New parallel mate allows you to keep two mate connectors parallel, while still allowing the freedom to move in any linear direction as well as a rotational degree of freedom about the Z axis.
- IMPROVED Section view end caps - Section view end caps are now visible. This makes the edges of section views clearer.
- NEW Labels - Labels can now be created to help organize and search for Documents.
- IMPROVED Isolate - The isolate command now has options to expand on the selected entity. The connectivity option will choose parts and sub-assemblies mated to the selection. The distance option will choose parts and sub-assemblies based on their distance from the selected entity. A slider allows you to further expand the level of connectivity/distance.
- IMPROVED Jogged section view in Drawings - The section view command now supports jogged section views (sometimes referred to as offset section views). Simply click a point for each jog in the section view line.
- IMPROVED Change sheet size in Drawings - You will find a new "Properties" option in the sheets flyout menu. Here you can change the size of your drawing.
- IMPROVED Feet and inch units in Drawings - Feet and inches are now an option when changing units in the drawing properties flyout menu.
- IMPROVED Collaborator cursor in FeatureScript - When collaborating in a Feature Studio, you will now see your collaborator's cursor in real-time.
- You can now export parts and assemblies to Collada format. Simply right click the part or assembly (or tab), choose "Export", then choose the Collada format.
- There is now a setting to control the model space background color of imported DXF's and DWG's. You will find it under your account settings, "Preferences."
- F (free state) and T (tangent plane) icons have been added to the geometric tolerance command.
- When importing into a Feature Studio, the Document name now appears instead of the ID. This makes it easier to understand in the code what Documents have been imported.
- A new startTimer and printTimer function have been added to FeatureScript, making it easier to debug and optimize for performance.
Remember: The updates listed here are now live for all users when creating new documents and over the next few days these features will also be available in documents created before the date of this update.