Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

[Bug Report]complex .stp model doesn't import correctly.

laurențiu_victor_vișanlaurențiu_victor_vișan Member Posts: 2
edited September 2016 in Community Support
Hello.

I just signed up today and wanted to provide feedback regarding a bug I discovered. I tried uploading a .stp (STEP) model I exported from 123D Design version 2.1 and there appears to be a surface missing from the model as displayed by OnShape after uploading.

Here's how the model should look (and how it does look in a 3rd party nurbs modelling application, MOI3D):

And how the model looks in OnShape :

You'll probably need the .stp file for duplication of the issue and you can get it from here :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwJaCsyXIqEeTXV2WGExTHZqd0E

I hope this is helpful in tracking down the bug.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards.

Larry.

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    You might wan't to create a ticket using feedback in cad ?-menu. This way your report is filed immediately and you will be replied and noted if/when bug fix / request is pushed in.
    //rami
  • Options
    Hello, thanks for your reply and letting me know about that. I submitted the bug report from the CAD section of the site.

Unfortunately, I only joined yesterday to try out Onshape and get an idea of what its capabilities are and this bug precludes me using it, at least for the time being. But it didn't sit right with me not to report it so that it can be fixed and OnShape be better for it.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Best regards.

Larry.