Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there a way to create a classroom account for my students?

I teach 100 students and would like to be able make Onshape available to them on our classroom computers without using their home email account.  Their school email login does not allow them to access email at school.

Best Answer

Answers

• ArmindiloArmindilo Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    noa said:

p.s. If you haven't already seen - we have a number of free resources for teachers trying to teach Onshape: https://www.onshape.com/edu/educators
    Is this available to anyone, or only educators?
  • noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    The Onshape Education Plan is only for students and teachers. The learning materials and curriculum is not restricted to only Educators and may be useful, but it very much is geared towards a classroom setting.
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
    @noa Thanks. Where would I find the material and curriculum? I had a look, it didn't pop out at me. Do I need to register separately for it?
  • noanoa Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 141
    Noa Flaherty / Customer Success / Onshape Inc.
    OK , thanks. Wasn't sure if I had to fill all that info in or if there was another way.
  • lang_schwartzwaldlang_schwartzwald Member Posts: 1 EDU
    I have the same issue.  My students are not allowed to access their emails from outside out domain.  How would I go about setting them up with an account?  We are a G-Suite School, and I would love to have them sign in via Google instead.
  • gary_smith190gary_smith190 Member Posts: 2 EDU
    I wish there was a classroom option to check my student's progress and assign lessons all in one place.  It is an option on most of the STEAM related sites that I use in my class. 
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    @gary_smith190 there is, but you have to have Onshape Education Enterprise. See video halfway down this page: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/19873/improvements-to-onshape-january-11th-2023/p1
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI