Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How To Bulk Edit Properties For Multiple Parts

eric_laueric_lau Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
Hi Guys, 
I have seen some tutorials that show a bulk edit properties screen, usually when creating a new version, but I can't seem to figure out how to get to this screen. When I try to edit properties I have to click through each part one at a time.

This is the screen I am talking about:

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• eric_laueric_lau Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    This is the screen I see:

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi @eric_lau

You're nearly there. 

(a) Click the arrow (to the left of the magnifying glass icon) to expand the tree.
    (b) Use shift-select or control-select to pick the multiple parts you wish to bulk change. (In the example I'm changing the PN for my nuts.)
    (c) The yellow flags indicate changes that are not committed yet, so be sure to hit apply or save.  (Save will close the window if you're done, or apply keeps it open if you have more things to change)

Hope that helps,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
    edited April 2017
    Hi Owen, 
    Thanks for the response. I understand how to expand the tree and select multiple parts to update as you have shown above but this isn't quite what I am looking for. In your example you have 4 parts that you want to update with the same part number. If I wanted to update things that may be different for each part like descriptions, revision, or some other property do I need to click into each part in the tree, scroll to the property I want to update, then type it in? This seems like a double the clicks required as compared to the window in my first post where all the part properties are shown in one table. 
    Thanks @john_mcclary OpenBoM works great.