Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Fill command

Anwar_EAnwar_E Member Posts: 4
Hello everyone 
where can i find surface fill command? 
tanks
Tagged:

Comments

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
  • Anwar_EAnwar_E Member Posts: 4
    tanks ilya_baran for the Answer 
    but to be specific am new for onshape and i am modeling simplified room layout for CFD simulation as shown in the pic below 
    so i want to cover the ceiling and the floor with surface so which feature can do the job?  

• ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    Ah, I thought you meant something else.  That tool is currently under development and will hopefully come out soon.
    There are workarounds involving for instance thickening or splitting that will work when the face to "fill" is planar but I'm not aware of a fully general method that currently works.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    extrude, split & delete face.

extrude:

split:

delete face:

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,353
    Create a sketch on the floor (using "use") then create an offset surface of zero - quickest way. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited April 2017
    Bingo! that's a new one:

Thanks Neil,
  • Anwar_EAnwar_E Member Posts: 4
    Hi
    how can i merge or join several surfaces on same plane together and how can i cut through the surface?
    tanks