Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Assemblies not rebuilding properly

joshua_foxworthjoshua_foxworth Member, Developers Posts: 19
OK, so I have a reproducible problem. I have built an assembly and there are no errors. Then, either the session expires and I have to reload the page or I leave and come back or whatever - something happens that causes the page to be reloaded. When this happens, the assembly which was previously working is now over defined and there are errors with the mates. 

I cannot see how the system is over defined and I cannot understand why it works until it is reloaded.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/97434099131350e534d87e91/w/f983dd69e4287aef89e7ff21/e/f5129967f8d66322d1536a7f

(DAS Truss)

P.S. I have asked earlier questions and gotten good feedback on how the better model the truss. I am asking about why the system loads differently than it was originally modeled and why the system is over defined, not about ways to remodel the system.

Best Answer

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,354
    Works fine on a copy after reloading page (which is reloading the whole doc). Could it be something to do with your API? 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • joshua_foxworthjoshua_foxworth Member, Developers Posts: 19
    It works now because I have suppressed a couple of the mates. However, the bottom end of one of the struts is left unconnected to the bottom ring. It just looks connected because I moved it there.
    Wow. Can't believe that I missed that. Must have been something going on in the math that I missed. Appreciate it.
    Incidentally, the bolt problem ended up being the result of a rounding issue in onshape.