Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketch areas won't "close"

james_sleemanjames_sleeman Member, Developers Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited July 2017 in Community Support
Short story, I have a sketch (which is way back in the history and I need to edit) on which any areas that should close (shade blue) refuse to do so.  Even a simple circle.  What am I doing wrong?  I can not use this sketch to extrude from either, because, no closed areas it reckons.

Screenshot below, you can see I have opened the sketch, and drawn a simple circle, this should be a shaded blue closed area, right?  It's not, I can not extrude that circle.  The sketch plane is correctly selected, I deselected and reselected it to make sure.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    Please share the URL to your doc. Or if you feel it is a bug please log a ticket through the ? > feedback tool. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    james_sleemanjames_sleeman Member, Developers Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I ended up deleting lines in the sketch until it "closed" the areas (including the circle) again and then re-drew it all using different references.  No rhyme-nor-reason as to why (there were no red constraints or anything), I think it is probably related to the bug with references in boolean operations (see https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/6880/distance-constraint-jumps-to-wrong-reference#latest ) as this sketch was a descendant of such.