Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Export Part With Color

wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
edited September 2017 in Community Support
 Is there a way to export a part in stl. format and it keeps the color you assign to it by editing the appearance? When I export a part that I made green, and then open that file in another program, it always opens in white. Am I doing something wrong?    

Best Answer

Answers

• wayne_sauderwayne_sauder Member, csevp Posts: 472 PRO
    Ok, great and thanks for the help. 
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    No worries.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • kevin_whitekevin_white Member, csevp Posts: 11 EDU
    edited January 2019
    I am trying to use OnShape with my students for Augmented and Virtual Reality projects. Similarly having issues with color loss. I found the collada export (which is .dae) is working best so far with the Merge Cube viewer for Augmented Reality. However, I am still having issues with using it in CoSpaces.  I really wish OnShape offered an OBJ export option that maintained texture. 

• Rufus31415Rufus31415 Member, Developers Posts: 18 ✭✭
    I am trying to use OnShape with my students for Augmented and Virtual Reality projects. Similarly having issues with color loss. I found the collada export (which is .dae) is working best so far with the Merge Cube viewer for Augmented Reality. However, I am still having issues with using it in CoSpaces.  I really wish OnShape offered an OBJ export option that maintained texture. 

@kevin_whit, I think you would be interested in this prototype. It is an OnShape viewer for Hololens