Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can't open document (Onshape lost connection)

gilles_richard246gilles_richard246 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2017 in Community Support
I was in the process of updating a document that I created a few days ago and after a bit I couldn't make anymore changes. I closed the browser (chrome) thinking it would help. So I went back into Onshape (great product BTW) and tried to open the document, it just opened up the top banner bar and the spiny waiting icon just kept spinning unit this error came up.
"Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved. You can refresh the browser to continue working on this document or return to the Documents page."
I decided I was going to try and delete my last few changes from  the history but even the history window is bugged out. I click on changes to expand it and nothing happens. It's like the whole document is corrupt. I tried to look at the properties of the document but nothing happens. Just the spiny waiting icon.

Any suggestions on how to recover my document? I could recreate it but would rather not.

Thanks!

Answers

• gilles_richard246gilles_richard246 Member Posts: 3
    I should also mention that I can open other documents. I also did the System Check, got all green check marks across the board.
  • john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 353
    @gilles_richard246 - sorry for the hassle. We are not seeing any system-wide issues on our end. Can you DM me the document you are having problems with? The full URL from the address bar will do.

-John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • richard_nilssonrichard_nilsson Member Posts: 2 PRO
    Hi. Was there ever a solution for this? I have encountered the exact same problem.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    @richard_nilsson - just once, all the time? One doc, all docs? Does it have a clock icon next to it?

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • richard_nilssonrichard_nilsson Member Posts: 2 PRO
    First time today. I was working on it and went away from the computer for a while and when i returned i was met by the "Onshape is not connected. Your document is saved. You can refresh the browser to continue working on this document or return to the Documents page" message, which is normal. But now i can't refresh in to the document and when i closed and opened the documet again i get the "Onshape is not connected message again. Been this way for a few hours now.  And it only concerns one documet. The others i have open just fine. And no there i no clock icon next to it.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,308
    OK please open a ticket with the doc URL. The guys who have the know-how to fix it are in the US so it won't be until later today. Let me reassure you, this is not a common problem. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • jacob_sheffieldjacob_sheffield Member Posts: 9 EDU
    I'm having this same problem. Other documents are loading fine, but only one isn't on any browser I try and even mobile. Who can I contact to get this figured out?
  • fnxf_scewofnxf_scewo Member Posts: 12 PRO
    @jacob_sheffield You can open a support ticket directly by clicking on ? icon in the upper right corner, and then onto "Contact Support":

That way all the necessary information gets to the right person.