Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape - October 19th, 2017

2»

Comments

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited October 2017
    Oooh, just seen the IR for company wide labels has been marked as "completed".  That's epic news.  Thanks devs.

Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    PATTERN / MIRROR Sheet-Metal!
    Duplicate Asm and Drawings!

&#$) Yea! 
  • joseph_terpendjoseph_terpend Member Posts: 17
    All fantastic, good work Onshape :)
  • edward_petrilloedward_petrillo Member Posts: 79 EDU
    In the video about document folders, the narrative description on how to move documents to a new folders contains the phrase "right-click one or more documents..."  to start the process.  However, I find that only one document at a time can be moved.  Did I miss something, or is the voice-over unclear? 

Moving only one document at a time really slows down implementing this excellent new feature starting with a document list with dozens of entries. 
  • SledDriverSledDriver Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for that. Yes the @' key works here too, so there is obviously some key mapping work still to do on this at OS.

I was distracted from even trying other keys by OS's confident statement that whatever the key was labelled, it would always be the key right over the TAB key.

It starting to like this is the least likely place to find it! ;-)

Jake, FYI, I've filed the bug report as requested.

Cheers
  • abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @edward_petrillo if you multi-select a group of documents and then right click, you'll have an option to move all of them.

Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support
  • edward_petrilloedward_petrillo Member Posts: 79 EDU
    @abefeldman, thank you; I caused the problem  by including just one document that I didn't own in the selection - that prevents you from moving the group until you exclude that document.  
  • Henk_de_VlaamHenk_de_Vlaam Member, Developers Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

I like the SELECT OTHER SHORTCUT KEY very much. As PTC-Creo2 user - where this function is hidden under the RMB - I missed this in OS. Now it’s even more extended with the Shift function.

However… the choice of the accent-key causes an unexpected behaviour when using my keyboard setting “United States (international)”. After using the Select other key (‘) Windows reminds this key.

So, for example:

1. In a part studio select something by using the shortcut key (`) and then select by the LMB.

2. Open an extrude feature and change the Depth value. Now the accent (‘) is added to the field which gives a red field (see screenshot).

The workaround for this is to use the keyboard setting  “United States”. However this is not what I like to have.

Can this problem be solved? I’m thinking of getting rid of the keyboard and using a mouse button or so, so that the Select other shortcut is independent of keyboards(ettings).

Henk de Vlaam (NL)
    edited October 2017
    It's interesting how much trouble has come from mapping that one key ;p

My 'problem' which is just an inconvienience that i can fix is: that's the key i have set to change keyboard layouts between dvorak and qwerty.. :'( oh well quick fix on my end.

Still find it a little funny tho ;)   especially ñ key 

I love having it bound to a key like you have it though. That was an awesome idea
  • mike_hölschermike_hölscher Member Posts: 105 PRO
    edited October 2017
    I see that Folders are automatically owned by the Company. Is it possible to create folders owned by 'me'?
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    October 19 + 3 weeks = November 9

Did I get the math right? :)

ps. I haven't yet found that magical select-other key in Finnish keyboard.. Though I did try them all and even looked into backside but no luck
    //rami
    edited November 2017
    3dcad said:
    October 19 + 3 weeks = November 9

Did I get the math right? :)

ps. I haven't yet found that magical select-other key in Finnish keyboard.. Though I did try them all and even looked into backside but no luck
    I'm on pins and needles.

Three of my top things I'm constantly checking to see released: New episodes of Rick and Morty, Final Fantasy VII Remake, and OnShape updates