Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is this a bug or do I something wrong ?

franz_balleis127franz_balleis127 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
edited December 2017 in Community Support
Hi,
im not sure igf i make something wrong or this is a bug but I'll begin to explain.
!) I have created a drawing which was then mirrored. See below

In this form I would like to insert 3 oblique cutouts at 10 ° inclination. For this I have created new layer and built the following auxiliary construction to then remove the desired material by rotation and extrution.

So far so good. If I now try to select the 3 objects for extruding, this only works for the two outer objects ????

I can not choose the middle one, why? Maybe that has something to do with the mirrored base object? I would be very happy about a help or an answer.

Answers

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Please will you post a link to your document, then I'm sure someone will help.

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Please post a link to your document so we can see what’s going on. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • John_P_DesiletsJohn_P_Desilets Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 233
     franz_balleis127

The revolved part produces a nonplanar face and that is why it was not able to be used for the extrude cut. I corrected this by making the revolve axis perpendicular to the sketched line to be revolved. Hope this helps!

Corrected

edited December 2017
    Hi.

I believe your problem is here:-

The middle part is not flat because that angle is not 90 deg, therefore it isn't a valid input for an extrude.

Always make sure your sketch lines and points turn black, to show they're fully constrained.

Hope that helps,

Owen S.

HWM-Water Ltd
    @John_P_Desilets

Damn, I should have hit the refresh button in the forum before answering the post. :'(  At least we agree on the issue.

O.S.
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • franz_balleis127franz_balleis127 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Hi Owen,
    many thx for the help. Often it's just a small thing that lacks or does not fit, But as a 3-D beginner, such things can lead to big stumbling blocks.
    Now it'ok

Franz
    Great to hear, nice project by the way.

Cheers,

Owen S.
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • franz_balleis127franz_balleis127 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Maybe I have some more questions on this project who knows :)